Monday, August 23, 2010

Can anyone tell me how to bake a turkey? I need the recipe to give to my sister for tomorrow. Help!!!?

No need to be intimidated when it comes to preparing a turkey. This wonderful recipe requires only 6 ingredients and it could be the best turkey you ever tasted.





1 (12-pound) turkey


1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, sliced


1/2 cup vegetable oil


4 cloves large garlic, crushed


1 teaspoon ground allspice


1 teaspoon seasoned salt


Preheat oven 350掳F.


Clean and rinse out turkey cavity and pat dry. Place turkey in a roasting pan. Carefully lift skin over breasts, thighs and drumsticks and insert butter. Rub oil and crushed garlic cloves over turkey, then sprinkle with allspice and seasoned salt. Tie or skewer legs together to hold shape during cooking. Cover with aluminum foil.


Bake for 4 hours, or about 20 minutes per pound. Meat thermometer should read 180掳F. when inserted into the thickest portion of the breast away from the bone. Remove foil during last 30 minutes of cooking, baste with pan juices and brown skin.


Makes 12 servings.Can anyone tell me how to bake a turkey? I need the recipe to give to my sister for tomorrow. Help!!!?
4lbs of turkey equals 1hr in ovenCan anyone tell me how to bake a turkey? I need the recipe to give to my sister for tomorrow. Help!!!?
It's simple. Buy cooking bags. Simple Moist Good every time.


Stuff with dressing - moist
Many years ago I attended a dinner where I had the pleasure to taste the best turkey ever. I pried the recipe from my host and now I make every turkey this way.





I stuff my turkey with traditional bread stuffing in which I add sauteed onions, celery, boiled and peeled potatoes, butter. I also dice ham and add cooked lean and crumbled sausage.





I stuff the turkey and rub it with plenty of butter, mayonnaise and a little mustard. Season with poultry seasoning, salt and butter. About an hour before its ready I pour a glass of half rum, half cola.





I know it sounds strange but believe me everyone will be asking for the recipe.





Also I baste the turkey while its cooking.
Here's a website and toll-free phone number for the Butterball Turkey Talk line. The phones are answered by certified home economists who can answer any question about making a turkey. Dont' worry, it doesn't have to be a Butterball brand.





Each year from October to December, they used to lease space in the building I was working in... we'd come to work and smell turkey cooking all day. mmmm..





Good Luck!
go to food tv.com


MERRY CHRISTMAS
after averything is out of the bird...rinse with cold water


then put 1 onion halved in the bird for flavor.


lift the skin on the top and put a little butter under it


on top massage some olive oil on it and add sage, salt, and pepper.


put in a pan with a little bit of water and bake


cooking time depends on the size of the bird
Here is the essential turkey cooking guide...





Enjoy!





http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/Entertaini鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment