Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Does anybody have a recipe for left over turkey?

I overcooked a turkey and it is very dry. I have already made soup out of the carcass and used some of the meat that way. I hate to just throw out the rest of the meat but it is too dry to just make sandwiches out of it.Does anybody have a recipe for left over turkey?
Can you try shredding it up, then sprinkling it with water, placing it in a baggie and setting it into the refrig, and then later take out and mix with mayo and cranberry sauce to make sandwhiches?


I wonder if you took a can of say cream of chicken soup, make the soup then add shredded turkey too it, if it would rejuivinate it?? That might work, with it simmering for awhile it might work?? You could make a pot pie with it then or a topping for mashed potatoes, noodles, stuffing or rice? good luck on that, I hate when I over cook meat, I do it too often too!Does anybody have a recipe for left over turkey?
Leftover turkey is a by-product of freshly cooked turkey. It comes from the same recipe. I don't know of a recipe to make leftover turkey specifically. :) Report Abuse

This is not really a recipe and probably will get thumbs down for it, oh well.





I did this the last week after after I made a turkey breast that was too dry for sandwiches too. I also did the soup thing. I was really tired and wanted to do something with the turkey that was quick. I bought 2 boxes of the Tuna Helper Tettrazini and followed the baking in oven directions. I used the turkey instead of tuna. It was really good. The casserole was really moist and it made the turkey turn out fine.
EGG FRIED RICE


3 cups cooked rice (1 cup uncooked rice + 2 cups water)


2 tablespoons oil


1 onion chopped


3 rashers bacon chopped (optional)


1 cup frozen peas (or other favourite vegetables)


2-4 eggs beaten


2 tablespoons soy sauce





Heat oil in a frying pan. Fry bacon and onion. Add peas and rice.


Cook for 2 minutes.


Add soy sauce and mix through.


Pour eggs onto mixture and stir through until just cooked.


Use ham, chopped sausages, turkey or salami instead of bacon.
We're just finishing up our turkey. I didn't over cook mine, so I ate roasted first, then soup, then sandwiches. With the last little bit, I made some homemade gravy and put the turkey in it. Now, I serve that over either mashers or toast/bisquits.





add-what the h*** does egg fried rice have to do with turkey?
u can try this link..


i don't know how u want to cook the turkey..


so this link will teach u how to cook in any type of cook..


try it..





http://www.recipetips.com/cooking-tips/turkey-cooking-guide.asp





hope it will help you..
maybe you could put it in a bowl, add a little bit of olive oil and stir it a little to get rid of the dryness
hi you can try this one:


cooking-tips4you.blogspot.com


it really worked for me

No comments:

Post a Comment