Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Can I use my chicken recipe when making a turkey?

I have the best Whole chicken recipe and want to know if I can use it with a turkey for thanksgiving? I know its kinda a dumb question please no rude responsesCan I use my chicken recipe when making a turkey?
Wasup babyyyCan I use my chicken recipe when making a turkey?
of course u could use it for turkey cooking is fun when u blend and mix spices make it and see how it turns out :D
I think it would be good for a turkey. I mix and match chicken and turkey recipes too.
Depends. What's the recipe?
Sure, I do.
no because they are bigger so it would most likely need more cooking time
Make sure you adjust oven temperature for the size of the turkey and whether it is stuffed or not. Any recipe for fowl should work -- turkey, chicken, duck, goose, etc. Also, remember to take out the giblets from the top end, the neck from inside the body cavity, oil the outside prior to seasoning, and put him on a rack inside a roasting pan. A turkey will require frequent basting. When he's nearly done, cover the wings and legs with aluminum foil to prevent them from getting overcooked. We always turn our turkeys and chickens over to allow browning on the underside too.
I don't see why not... It would really help to know what is in the recipe, but it should probably turn out ok
Flavor wise- I think it will turn out just fine. You鈥檒l just have to increase the ingredients (double or triple depending on size of turkey) and make sure to use a thermometer so you know it鈥檚 fully cooked.
No, that would be foul.


(you didn't say they couldn't be wise crack answers)
Well yes and no. You have to adjust for the extra weigth and turkey tends to be dryers so usually turkey receipes add somekind of fat somewhere (basting or fillibg or larding etc), whereas with chicken this is not so essential. Otehrwise you should be fine.
It's your recipe which delights your taste buds so go for it, let me know if tastes good.
you can use the same ingredients they are both white meats
If you are talking about a 'rub' or something that you can put on or into your turkey to make it taste a certain way, then yes, you can use the 'recipe' you want. As for the 'roasting' you MUST use the proper 'temperature' and calculate how long to cook it by its weight. That's the ONLY thing you need to be aware of, or you could have a 'raw' turkey instead fo a 'done' one.
use recipe but adjust cooking times, or skip turkey and use a chicken...


does it really have to be turkey
i don't see why you couldn't.... i suggest you may want to try a small turkey before cooking dinner for everyone in your family just to make sure that you like it and it's not a complete disaster w/ the turkey.... hope it works out for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment