Saturday, August 21, 2010

Can I substitute a roaster chicken breast for a turkey breast in a slow cooker recipe?

I have a recipe that calls for a turkey breast, but I couldn't find a breast that was small enough for my 5-qt. cooker. I did find roaster breasts, which are a little smaller than turkey breasts. It took up most of the slow cooker. Anyone want to weigh in? Can I substitute a roaster chicken breast for a turkey breast in a slow cooker recipe?
Should be just fine, your cooking time will probably be slightly shorter, but you should never go by times, go by temperature. Hopefully you have a meat thermometer,Can I substitute a roaster chicken breast for a turkey breast in a slow cooker recipe?
you can substitue virtually anything in a slow cooker. since the cooking time is slow and long. just make sure to check it more often just in case
it should be ok they cook the same

No comments:

Post a Comment