Friday, July 30, 2010

I have used turkey from Christmas in a recipe. How long will this stay fresh now?

I used cooked turkey from Christmas in another recipe. There is some of this left over and I am concerned about it's freshness. I made it last night. Can I keep it to use tommorrow?I have used turkey from Christmas in a recipe. How long will this stay fresh now?
After the turkey is cooked, I say throw it out after 3 days have passed. I don't think its worth it to take a chance on getting sick. Plus it's not that tasty once its no longer fresh. But you definitely have a good 3 days to eat it as long as you haven't left it out of the fridge too long.





You can always freeze some and thaw it when your ready eat it but once it's thawed you shouldn't re-freeze it.I have used turkey from Christmas in a recipe. How long will this stay fresh now?
I wouldn't go more than a week in the fridge. Even a week is pushing it a little bit. I Like 5 days better as my max.





Chef Mark
Sure. Keep it airtight in the fridge. It should be okay for 2 or 3 days, since it is cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment