Wednesday, July 28, 2010

If a recipe calls for cooked turkey (for turkey pot pie), how am I supposed to cook it?

It says ';3 cups chopped cooked turkey (about 1lb)';.





Am I just being stupid or what? Can I just buy a pound of turkey?If a recipe calls for cooked turkey (for turkey pot pie), how am I supposed to cook it?
boil it


roast it


microwave it





or, buy a chunk of roasted turkey from the deliIf a recipe calls for cooked turkey (for turkey pot pie), how am I supposed to cook it?
Look in the freezer section of the grocery store.


Or ask the Butcher


Sometimes you can buy turkey in small roasts or turkey breast


I've often bought turkey in an aluminum loaf pan with gravy in the freezer section that would be great in a pie because the meat is already mostly cooked and the gravy is made.
Well sure, you could. But usually the only time I make turkey pot pie is after I've had a big turkey dinner and then I use the leftovers to make turkey pot pie. But I'm sure you can buy turkey meat and then just cook it in the oven at 350F drizzled with olive oil and seasoned with a bit of salt and pepper till it's done.
The poultry section of the grocery usually has turkey parts.


Buy a leg or thigh and roast it





or buy turkey breast filet or slices (seen both) and just poach with a little water or broth
The presumption is you're using up left-overs.


You can buy cooked turkey by the pound at a Deli.


Or you can buy a turkey breast or leg at the butchers.
you can buy the cooked turkey at any super market. Just ask the store for help.
Well, you could, but I think it's talking about leftover turkey (like from Thanksgiving).

No comments:

Post a Comment